Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Anselem
ROTTING TEETH: HOW TO TREAT TOOTH DECAY AND 5 BEST WAYS TO PREVENT ROT – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
The effect of rotting teeth can be disastrous especially when an individual wants to take in food. It could also affect your appearance and your overall health when communicating with people around you. However, it is very possible to fix your rotting teeth and in this article, we are going to talk extensively on how to fix rotting teeth.
In addition, once your rotting teeth has been fixed, it is important you go on to practice healthy oral hygiene so as to prevent any occurrence of the rotting teeth once more.
What Are The Causes Of Tooth Decay?
It’s important you know the factors that can cause teeth rot.
- Dry mouth or if you have a medical condition that reduces the amount of saliva that is in your mouth.
- Eating of foods that cling to your teeth, examples includes candy and sticky foods.
- Constant eating of sugary foods or sugary drinks, examples may include soda, cereals and ice cream. Inadequate cleaning of teeth.
How Do I Treat Tooth Decay?
The treatment for rotting teeth depends on how bad it has gone. It can be easily being fixed during the early stages, however, it can also be fixed during the late stages too.
- The first stage of fixing rotting teeth is to visit your dentist and your dentist will talk to you about the amount of sugar which should be in your diet and the number of times you should eat in a day. Also, your dentist may also apply fluoride gel, to the affected teeth.
- The job of fluoride is to help protect the tooth thereby strengthening the enamel, making the teeth much more resistant to the acids from plague which may include bacteria which can cause rotting teeth.
- If there is a need for a much stronger fluoride on a daily basis, your dentist might issue you a prescription.
- Another way through which you can fix rotting teeth is by filling your teeth hole. This implies removing the dental decay, giving local anaesthetic to close the tooth and filling the hole. A filling basically means the treatment when a cavity has gone beyond the enamel. And when it comes to crown, it means a cap or custom fitted covering that is placed over the tooth in order to treat and fix extensive rot.
- Furthermore, if your rotting teeth has progressed to the pulp which is the centre of the tooth which also contains blood and nerves. It might be removed with a process identified as root canal treatment.
- Finally, the last way to fix rotting teeth is through removal of your tooth and replacing them with a partial denture bridge or implant as well. This way should only be followed if the rotting teeth has spread beyond repair.
5 Ways To Prevent Tooth Decay
Since we now have an idea on how to fix rotting teeth, it is important we know how to prevent rotting teeth so as not to experience them later in future. Although rotting teeth is frequent in today’s generation because of what we eat on a daily basis, it is also very preventable. The most advisable way to prevent rotting teeth is to keep your teeth and gums very healthy daily.
1 Visit Your Dentist Regularly
This is one of the ways to prevent rotting teeth. Just like we go for check up on your body every month, we must also make it a point of duty to visit the dentist also regularly.
The duty of your dentist is to check the condition of your mouth which includes your teeth and gums and also give you advises on how to prevent any occasion of tooth decay.
2 Reduce Sugary Foods And Starchy Foods
Sugary foods contain sugar and they must be avoided so also drinks which are sweet. The drinks should not fall an hour before your bed time so as to avoid and prevent rotting teeth. There are some drug medications that contains sugar, so it is best that you search for medications that does not have sugar in it. Also, when sugar piles up to your tooth, they create a hole in your tooth thereby causing tooth decay which can be quite painful and irritating to an individual.
3 Be conscious of your teeth and gums
This can be done by brushing your teeth morning and night each day and this can also be done properly by fluoride toothpaste 2 times a day. Endeavor to check your teeth and gums through the mirror each day so that you can detect when rotting teeth seems to come up.
4 Avoid Smoking or Taking Alcohol Excessively
If you are not aware, tobacco has an interference with the production of saliva. And the essence of saliva is to keep your teeth clean and preventing rotting teeth , and this can be done when you avoid alcohol which adds to the erosion of tooth enamel.
5 Look For Help If You Suspect You Have a Dry Mouth
Having dry mouth can cause rotting teeth. And that is why it is very important that you go and see a dentist immediately if you suspect that you have dry mouth. Dry mouth could be caused by some certain medicines, even treatment could also cause dry mouth as well as some medical conditions.
Rotting teeth or tooth decay can be very painful and irritating when it appears in your front teeth, and that is why it is very important that you look after your teeth on a daily basis and follow the healthy oral hygienic process in order to avoid having rotting teeth later in future.
This article was written by Emvido a Zigihow contributor. He blogs at Emvidowealth.com
[JOIN US ON TELEGRAM!!!]