Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Anselem
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WEBSITE TO YANDEX WEB SEARCH ENGINE FOR INDEXING – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
Yandex is a web search engine just like Google, owned by Russian corporation. It was launched on September 23, 1997, and was publicly presented at the Softool exhibition in Moscow. In January 2015 Yandex Search generated 51.2% of all search traffic in Russia according to Liveinternet .
Why Should I Submit My Website To Yandex.
Yandex with the Native name Яндекс, is the largest technology company in Russia and also the largest web search engine on the internet in Russia.
Yandex is the 5th largest search engine worldwide after Google, Baidu, Bing, and Yahoo!. It’s home page is the 4th most popular website in Russia. Every day yandex makes 8.7m search sessions which processes over 5 billion search queries per month, showing ads to 70 million people every day.
Now, you could imagine what happens when you eventually submit your website to yandex. When your website URL is been submitted to yandex. Yandex sends it’s bots to crawl into your website and access your pages, categories, images and Contents on your website for proper indexing and Optimization.
In this very article I’m going to guide you on how to submit your website to yandex. You can read how to submit your website and Sitemap to Google and Bing.
Note: You must create an account with yandex before you can submit your website. Verification will be done through your phone number to comfirm if you’re a human being or a robot.
Here We Go.
1. To create an account with yandex. Click Here fill in the Empty fields and click on “Register.”
2. A new page will be revealed to you, Click on the plus sign button to add your website . Type in your website URL. Then click on the Yellow “Add” button to submit your website.
3. A HTML verification code will be provided to you. Copy the verification code. Paste the code in your website “Header or head section”. A simple way to do this is to install and activate ” Insert headers and footers Plugin“.
Insert headers and footers is a Plugin allows you to easily Insert or paste codes in your website’s header and footer section.
4. After installing and activating the plugin go-to your WordPress dashboard click on “Settings” locate “Insert headers and footers “, click on it.
5. Paste the HTML code in the header or head section.
6. Click on “Save”
You can also paste the HTML verification code in Yoast SEO. Yoast SEO allows you to connect your website to Yandex Webmaster Tools so you can track how Yandex is crawling your website.
7. Go-to your WordPress dashboard, Click on “SEO“, in the drop down options click on “General“.
8. click on “Webmaster Tools tab“.
9. Paste the code under “Yandex Webmaster Tools”. Click on “Save changes“.
10. After adding the code in your WordPress website, you need to go back to the Yandex Webmaster tools page where you copied the code from and click on the “Check” button to verify ownership.
For blogspot users. Edit your templates and Paste the Yandex HTML verification code in the html <head>section
Paste the code here
Congratulations! You’ve submitted and connected your website to Yandex Webmaster Tools.[JOIN US ON TELEGRAM!!!]