Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Anselem
SUBMIT YOUR WEBSITE AND SITEMAP TO GOOGLE AND BING WEBMASTER TOOLS FOR SEO OPTIMIZATION – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
Owning and managing a blog is great, but having a good SEO is the main thing, this is because without a healthy SEO your blog cannot grow. It has always been every bloggers dream to have their Article been indexed or optimized by search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Yandex etc.
SEO fully called Search Engine Optimization is a process by which search engines spiders crawls into blogs and websites for the purpose of indexing the site’s Articles or contents, therefore making them visible on search, which increases the quantity and quality of traffic through organic search traffic to your website. You can learn more on how to submit your website to yandex search engine.
Google and Bing are two popular search engines. This is because they are popularly known and used. These search engines crawls into your website, index and optimize your articles. But before this happens there are works to be done. Therefore you have to submit your website’s URL and sitemap to these Search engines. And that’s exactly what this article is all about.
GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE
What is Google search console?
Google search console gives bloggers free loads of tools which enables you know how your website performs. It enables site owners know how searchers sees their blogs or website on search results. Therefore google search console gives information to site owners or bloggers on articles and keywords that generates more traffic to their blogs. It also gives you information on the numbers your indexed Articles and non indexed Articles.
In other to enjoy all this benefits you have to add your website URL to Google search console
HERE WE GO.
1. Sign up in Google Search Console Here
Log in or click on “Start now“.
2. Click the top bar, >> click on the drop down arrow button, then click on “Add property“.
3. Add your website’s URL in the box and click “Continue”
Note: Ensure you enter your complete website’s URL Example: http://www.yourdomain.com/. Don’t forget to include the / behind your domain name.
4. A new page will be revealed to you, asking you to “verify site ownership“. You will be given many options. But we have chosen the best easier and fasted verification method. Which is HTML tag.
Click on the arrow beside the HTML tag to get code.
5. Copy the code provided, in the HTML tag box
6. Install and activate Insert Header and Footers Plugin
7. Login to your WordPress dashboard >> locate your “settings” scroll down and click on “Header and Footer Plugin” (which you just installed and Activated)
8. Paste the HTML tag code into the “scripts in header” <head> box given, and click on “save”
For blogspot users. Edit your templates and Paste the HTML tag code in the html <head> section
Paste the code here
9. Go back to the Google search console and click on “Verify“.
SUBMIT YOUR SITEMAP TO GOOGLE WEBMASTER TOOLS
What Is Sitemap?
Sitemap is a list of compiled URLs in your blog or website, that informs search engines such as (Google, Bing, Yandex,) with detailed information about URLs in your blog or website that are available for crawling, optimizing or indexing.
Submitting your sitemap to search engines Webmaster tools will enable the search engines to crawl and index your website pages, Article, and URLs faster. And this in return gives your blog or website a healthy SEO.
How Can I Submit My Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools?
Here We Go.
1. Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools Here
2. Select your website or click on your website URL.
3. A new page will be revealed. In the left side bar click on “Crawl” >> Then click “Sitemap”
4. Remove any outdated or invalid sitemaps (if any) Example: like sitemap.xml
5. Enter sitemap_index.xml into the empty text box that appears.
6. Then click on “Submit“.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR SITEMAP TO GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE
1. Sign in to Google Search console Here
2. Click the top bar, >> Click on the drop down arrow beside “Index” Then click on “Sitemap”.
3. Remove any outdated or invalid sitemaps (if any) like sitemap.xml
4. Enter sitemap_index.xml into the empty text box that appears.
5. Click on “Submit”
HOW TO SUBMIT MY WEBSITE URL AND SITEMAP TO BING WEBMASTER TOOLS.
1. Sign up to Bing Webmaster Tools Here
2. Choose a convenient account you would like to sign up with. we chose Google account. (Gmail)
3. If You chose Google account. Allow Bing to see your personal information by clicking on “Allow”
4. A new page will pop up, where you will be asked to “Enter your website URL” Example: https://www.zigihow.com.ng then click “Add”
5. Fill in the empty boxes as soon as you’re done click on “Save“.
6. A new page will be revealed to you, asking you to “Verify site ownership“. This means you’re asked to verify your website with Bing.
Three options are given, but we have chosen the easiest method of verification, which is Option 2. Copy the meta tag code in option 2.
7. Install and activate Insert Headers and Footers Plugin
8. Login to your WordPress dashboard >> locate your “settings” scroll down and click on “Insert Header and Footer Plugin” (which you just installed and Activated)
9. Paste the meta tag code you copied into the scripts in header <head> box given, and click on “save“.
For blogspot users. Edit your templates and Paste the meta tag code in the html <head> section
Paste the code here
10. Go back to Bing Webmaster tools and click on “Verify“.
11. A new page will be revealed to you with a congratulatory message that your site is currently verified. And automatically you will be taken to Your profile dashboard.
Note: Remove any outdated or invalid sitemaps (if any) Example: like http://example.com/sitemap.xml
Your sitemap will look like this. http://example.com/sitemap_index.xml
13. Then click “Submit“.
14. You can also Submit your article URLs to Bing for indexing and optimization. At the side bar >> On the dashboard Locate and click on “Submit URLs“. Enter your article links of your choice and click on “Submit” to submit them on after the other.
Note: Bing only allow submission of 10 URLs per day.