VITAL HOME REMEDIES FOR MOUTH ULCER OR CANKER SORES – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
Mouth ulcers which is also known as canker sores are small painful blisters that develops in the mouth, on the inside of the lips or at the side of the tongue.
It may also appear at the side of the cheek or at the base of the gum. Mouth ulcers are usually white or yellow in colour, surrounded by ring of red inflamed soft tissue.
Mouth ulcers can be really painful and frustrating, they can make eating, swallowing and talking very uncomfortable.
Women tend to suffer from mouth ulcer more than men do. Canker sores or mouth ulcers can also be hereditary, that Is to say, when you come from a family that usually have mouth ulcers you may likely have them too.
What triggers Mouth ulcers or Canker sores?
There are certain factors that trigger mouth ulcer and they are:
1. toothpaste and mouthwash that contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS).
2. Spicey foods.
3. Acidic fruits like, lemon, lime, pineapple, Strawberries.
4. Lack of vital Vitamins, such as B-12, Zink, Folate, and iron.
5. Mouth bacteria allergies.
6. Hormonal changes during menstruation.
7. Emotional and physical stress or lack of sleep.
8. Bacterial, Viral, or fungal infections.
Mouth ulcers or canker sores can also appear as a result or Sign of some serious health issues, that requires to see a doctor for immediate medical treatment.
Some serious health issues that can trigger mouth ulcer or canker sores are:
1. Celiac disease (This is a Condition in which the body is unable to tolerate gluten).
2. Diabetes mellitus.
3. Inflammatory bowel disease.
4. Behcet’s disease (This Is a condition that causes inflammation throughout the whole body)
5. A malfunctioning immune system that causes your white blood cells to attack the Healthy mouth cells instead of virus and bacteria.
Types of mouth ulcers or canker sores
Minor mouth ulcers
Minor Mouth or canker sores are small round ulcers, which heals between one or two weeks without no scarring.
Major Mouth ulcers
Major mouth ulcers or canker sores are large and deeper compared to minor ones, they can take six weeks to heal, and also cause long term scarring.
Herpetiform mouth ulcers.
This type of mouth ulcer are pinpoint in size, appears in clusters of 10-100, often affects adults, they often heal without scarring within one to two weeks.
Some Tips To Prevent Mouth Ulcers
1. Avoid foods that can irritate the mouth, that includes fruits like pineapple, Oranges, lemon, lime, grapefruit.
2. Avoid spicy foods, because regular Consumption of spicy foods can irritate the mouth.
3. Avoid using toothpaste or mouth washes that Contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS).
4. Eat a healthy food and a well balanced diet, and also remember to take multivitamin daily.
5. Avoid talking while chewing your food to avoid accidental bites.
6. Try to reduce stress
7. Maintain good oral hygiene, by brushing before and after meals.
8. Avoid using hard toothbrush to avoid accidental scratches on the inner gum or cheeks.
Natural Home Remedies for Mouth Ulcers or Canker Sores
If you’re currently suffering from Mouth Ulcers, these home remedies may provide some relief to your condition.
1. Fenugreek Leaves
Fenugreek is a delicious ingrident present in so many curry Products, however fenugreek Leaves are endowed with healing properties.
Fenugreek boosts the immune system, it’s filled with minerals and Vitamins which includes Zinc, Riboflavin, Iron, Vitamin C, Calcium, Carotene, Phosphorus and many more.
You can add fenugreek Leaves into your Daily meals, for direct application to the mouth ulcers, place one teaspoon fenugreek seeds into one cup of warm water, and swish the mixture around your mouth.
You also chew fresh fenugreek leaves, swishing the juice directly to the affected area in your mouth.
2. Rinse with salt water
Salt Is a Natural disinfectant, with Anti bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, and a Natural remedy for mouth ulcers by relieving the pain and healing the sores!!
Dissolve 1 Teaspoon of either sea salt or Natural salt (found in the kitchen) in half cup of warm water.
Swish or rinse around your mouth for 30 seconds. (Try to concentrate on the affected area)
Spit out the salt water and rinse your Mouth with a fresh cold water.
Repeat this process twice a day!!
3. Rinse with Baking soda
Baking soda is alkaline base in Natural, it can neutralize the acids in the mouth that causes or irritate mouth sores.
Baking soda also kills bacteria causing the mouth sores with immediate effect and heals the mouth ulcer or canker sore.
Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda in half glass cup of warm water, rinse your mouth with this mixture for 30 seconds, and Rinse with cold water.
Repeat this process twice a day.
4. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich in acetic acid, which helps in attacking the mouth ulcer causing bacteria, balancing the oral microbiome, healing the mouth ulcers or canker sores, and at the same time maintains Healthy oral Flora.
Make a homemade mouth wash using apple cider vinegar juice, by mixing two teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into half glass cup of warm water.
Rinse your Mouth with this mixture for 30 seconds, concentrating on the affected area. READ:HOW TO MAKE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (SIMPLIFIED METHOD)
Spit out the mixture, or you can still swallow it, because apple cider vinegar is good for digestive system.
5. Eat Basil leaves
Basil is a delicious and nicely scented leaves, which is mostly used in making sauces, salads, and pizzas.
Aside from that, basil Leaves are very rich in nutrients.
According to studies basil has anti-microbial properties, which can also help prevent infections and bacteria that causes mouth ulcers or canker sores.
To include basil Leaves into your diet, cut fresh basil Leaves to your meals.
You can also Chew the leaves in between meals, you can also make basil tea, by soaking some basil Leaves in one glass cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
Rinse your mouth with the mixture, you can also drink it up.
6. Take Zink supplement
Studies has proven that lack of Zink can cause or trigger mouth ulcers or canker sores, taking Zink supplements can give some relief.
Take Zink lozenge twice per day can heal your canker sores or mouth ulcers.
Taking Zink supplements can also Prevent mouth ulcers from occuring in the first place.
7. Clove oil.
Clove oil is another valuable remedy to mouth ulcers or canker sores.
Clove oil Contains an active ingredient called “Eugenol” which acts as a painkiller.
Clove oil have been long used by dentists to treat their Patients.
Applying clove oil directly to the mouth ulcer or canker sores will help kill bacteria and heal them.
When to see a doctor
You should see a doctor as soon as possible if you develop any of the following
1. New mouth ulcers before the old ones heals
2. Sores that persist more than three weeks
3. Painless sores
4. Mouth ulcers that extend to the lips
5. Unusually large mouth ulcers
6. Sores that can’t be controlled with over the counter or Natural medications.
7. Severe pains eating, drinking and talking.
8. High fever or diarrhea whenever the mouth ulcers or canker sores appears.[JOIN US ON TELEGRAM!!!]