Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Anselem
HOW TO PREPARE YAM AND FRESH FISH SOUP(SIMPLIFIED METHOD) – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
Yam and fresh fish pepper soup is a very delicious meal, the very first day I ate this, that was the day it became my favourite soup, I quickly asked my grandmother for the recipe and she taught me, and indeed she taught me well, I was thinking to my self “c’mon why don’t you share this recipe to others”.
So in this very article I have decided to share a very interesting tutorial on how to make yam and fresh fish pepper soup, you really need to try this, if you’ve not eaten this before, I challenge you to do so, you’ll never regret it.
Before we go straight to business, let’s look at the nutrition facts of ” YAM AND FRESH FISH SOUP “
HERE WE GO
INGREDIENTS FOR YAM AND FRESH FISH PEPPER SOUP
– 150grams Yam (you can use the hard sweet potato as a substitute)
– 500 grams Fresh Fish(You can use Catfish, Conger eel, Tilapia or any tasty fish of choice)
– 1 tablespoonful Ground Crayfish
– 1 medium onion (chopped)
– 1/2 Scotch bonnet Pepper( atarodo) (chopped)(use ground chili peppers as substitute)
– 1 tablespoonful pepper sauce spice mix
– 1 tablespoonful chopped uziza or Basil leaves (known as scent leaf,efirin or Nchuawun
– 1 seasoning/stock or Bouillon cube
– Salt to taste
Slice the yams, peel the skin ,cut into cubes and wash thoroughly.
Place the yams into a pot, add enough water to cover the yams, add a level teaspoon of salt and leave to boil for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then strain out the water and set aside.
* Now wash and cut the fish(if you have whole fish), then place in another pot, add water to almost the level of the fish. Add diced onions, seasoning cube and salt to taste.
Leave to boil for about 5 minutes . Be careful not to overcook the fish
* After 5 minutes, add the precooked yams,chopped peppers, ground crayfish,pepper soup spice and the chopped uziza leaves or Scent leaves.
[JOIN US ON TELEGRAM!!!]
Leave to simmer for 5 more minutes and your Yam and Fresh Fish Pepper Soup.
TIPS: I used dried uziza leaves and it came out nice. So feel free to use it if that’s what.
And that’s all you’re done, enjoy your meal with any drink of your choice.