HOW TO PREPARE TUWO SHINKAFA – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
Tuwo shinkafa (Tuwon shinkafa) is a rice meal, popular in the northern parts of Nigeria.
It is usually served as an accompaniment for soups and stews and is quite easy to prepare.
- READ: HOW TO PREPARE PLANTAIN AND FRESH FISH SOUP (SIMPLIFIED METHOD)
Tuwo shinkafa is usually prepared from scratch with short grain rice (local rice), but it can also be prepared with rice flour (which is the easiest&fastest method).
Let’s take a look at its Nutrition facts
[JOIN US ON TELEGRAM!!!]
Let’s go straight to business
How To prepare Tuwo shinkafa from Scratch (using raw rice) you’ll need:
– 500 grams Short grain rice or local rice (paella rice can be used as a substitute)
– 1000ml(1L) water (more or less)
1. Wash the rice thoroughly and place in the pot.
2. Add the water and set to boil.
3. Boil the rice until it becomes very soft and sticky and the water is dried up.
(if the rice isn’t done before the water dries up, you can add a little more water to the rice).
4. Now using a wooding spoon or a potato masher, mash the soft rice thoroughly to form a soft dough.
Wet your hands and mold into balls.
Serve hot and enjoy.
To prepare Tuwo shinkafa with Rice Flour, you’ll need :
– 500 gram Rice Flour
– 700ml water
1. Place the water in a pot and set to boil. Then scoop out a little water and set aside.
2. Gradually pour in the rice flour into the pot and stir continuously to prevent lump formation.
3. If the mixture is still watery, you can add more rice flour and continue stirring until smooth and firm (or as you want the consistency to be)
4. After about 1 minute, gradually add a little of the hot water you had earlier set aside, then cover the pot and leave to boil on low heat for30 seconds.
Finally mix thoroughly and your Tuwo shinkafa is ready.