Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Anselem
WHAT IS LACTIC ACID?
Lactic acid is a popular anti aging ingredient from the family of Alpha hydroxy acids, (AHA) it’s extracted from a sour milk, it comes in two forms, the powdered form and the liquid form.
the powdered form is whitish in colour,
While in the liquid form its colourless.
WHAT ARE THE SKINCARE BENEFITS OF LACTIC ACID
• Research has shown that Lactic acid has proven to be an anti aging ingredient,this is by battling sagging skin, wrinkes and fine lines.
• It has also proven to battle Acne (pimples), by drying out the sebum, killing the acne causing bacteria.
• Lactic acid is very Good at exfoliating the skin mildly,
This is by removing the top dead layer of the skin cells, reveling the fresh skin underneath, it isn’t harsh on the skin, and it doesn’t irritate the skin like most exfoliants does.
This article is all about “How to make Lactic acid soap”
Lactic acid soap has been in Existence for a long time now, there is this popular soap called Fair and White AHA, which has lactic acid as its main ingredient, I know most of you might have come across it or maybe have used or is currently using it.
Would it be of any interest to you to make your own Lactic acid soap? If your Answer is yes, then this article is for you.
Lactic acid soap lightens but not dramatically, it gives a pale tone, for those who loves being pale or for those that have a natural pale skin tone, lactic acid soap should be your holy Grail and main staple.
NOTE: Lactic acid being an exfoliant can dry out the skin, its advicable to moisturize your skin after usuage.
So let’s learn how to make this soap
HOW TO MAKE A LIGHTENING SOAP (SIMPLIFIED METHOD)
HERE WE GO
• Soap base or Your favourite soap
• 4 teaspoon of Lactic acid in its liquid form, why I use the liquid form of lactic acid and not the powdered form is because the liquid form blends or mixes well with other ingredients while making the soap.
• 4 Teaspoon of any carrier oil of your choice Examples of carrier oil’s are Almond oil, Grapeseed oil, Olive oil, Coconut oil, Avocado oil etc but I use Almond oil and Avocado oil 4 teaspoon each, because I have a sensitive skin.
• 2 Table spoon of any Essential oil of your choice, I use Rosehip seed oil and carrot seed oil.
• A microwave oven (if you don’t have that you can use the double boiler method)
• Roughly chop your soap, or soap base into pieces, Place your soap base on a metal plate or a baking Trey, put it inside the microwave oven to melt down the soap.
FOR THE DOUBLE BOILER METHOD
• Turn on your heater (stove, Gas cooker, Electric cooker) in its lowest form.
• Place a pot on the heater and pour in 2cups of water into it.
• Get your roughly chopped soap base or favourite soap, place them on another stainless plate and place it on the water in the pot, and keep stirring this will melt down the soap.
• As soon as the soap has melted, immediately pour in 4 teaspoons of lactic acid liquid in the melted soap.
• Pour in the carrier oils according the measurement stated above
• Then add in any essential oil of your choice
Stir the mixture thoroughly, to blend all the ingredients together, then add the mixure to your soap silicon mold to give your soap a shape (if you dont have it dont worry) then allow it to cool down and harden,
Congratulations your Lactic acid soap is ready to use.