HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE DOUGHNUTS – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
Doughnut is a fried sweet cake, made in a shape of a ring.
Hanson Gregory, an American, claimed to have invented the ring-shaped doughnut in 1847, who dosnt like doughnuts? Kids? Adults? I can attest to you that doughnuts are widely produced world wide, and it’s been loved by both kids and adults.
Doughnuts can be simply made at home, it dosnt take much time, except you want to prepare it In a very large quantity.
Let’s take a look at the Nutrition Facts of Doughnuts
|% Daily Value*|
Now let’s go down to businesses
Here we Go
This makes about 15-20 donuts
– 480 g of plain flour
– 2.5 tablespoons of instant dry yeast/15g fresh yeast
– 5 tablespoons of warm water
– 25g of melted Butter or Margarine
– 1 large egg
– 180ml warm milk
– 50 g of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of salt
Tips: if you’re using powdered milk, dissolve 2 tablespoonful of the milk in 180ml of water.
1. In a small bowl, add the yeast, 3 tablespoonful of flour, 5 tablespoons of warm water and mix together. Cover and leave in a warm place to rise and double and begin to form small bubbles in it. Then set aside.
Tips: This mixture is called “Starter”, it shows you how actiAc the yeast is and also kick-starts the leavening (rising) process of the dough.
2. Into another large bowl, add the remaining flour, sugar and salt. Mix well.
3. Now add the egg, warm milk, melted butter and the yeast batter(starter). Mix thoroughly for about 10 minutes, then fold the sticky dough into a rough ball & place in a greased bowl.
Cover with a clean napkin or nylon, tilt to one side and leave for about 1 hour until the dough doubles in size.
4. When the dough has risen, place on a floured table; flatten with your palms and rub a little flour on the sticky flattened dough.
If the dough is too sticky for your liking, you can add a little flour and fold it into the dough.
5. Now using a a biscuit cutter or the wide top of a glass cup, cut the flattened dough into doughnuts rounds.
If you like you can use a syringe(without the needle) to fill the donuts with jam, you can also do this after frying the donuts.
6. If you want very large donuts, you can leave the donuts to rise for another 20 minutes
Heat up the oil until very hot- about 180º
(you can do an oil test by dropping a little of the dough in the oil, to see how fast it will fry)
Now fry the donuts in the oil for 1 minutes on each side. Transfer into a sieve, lined with paper towels, to absorb excess oil.
7 If you desire, roll the donuts in sugar or any glaze of choice and Enjoy!
Doughnuts are best served with tea