Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Anselem
HOW TO MAKE A HOMEMADE DIY YOGHURT – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
What is Yoghurt?
The microbes or bacteria used to make yogurt are known as “yogurt societies”. Fermentation of lactose by these microorganisms produces lactic acid, which acts as milk protein to give yogurt its surface and trademark tart flavor. Cow’s milk is normally accessible around the world, and, thusly most usually used to make yogurt.
|% Daily Value*|
PRODUCTION OF YOGHURT
Just by the mention of yoghurt, some people are already salivating as yoghurt is a well known deliciious diary food drink that can be used for quenching taste aswell as stopping hunger.
The milk is allowed to produce lactic acid ferment under controlled conditions.
Electric mixer, sealing machine,Filling unit, Boiling tank, Filter, Freezer, Weighing scale
TABLE s/n Raw materials Quantity
1 Skimmed milk 1kg
2 Sodiumbenzoate 5 grams
3 Lactic culture (yoghurtstarter) 500 grams
5 litres 5 Sweetener As desired
6 Flavour As desired
1. Mix 1kg of milk with 3 litres of water
2. Add 1/5 pack of lactic culture or yoghurt starter and 5 grams of sodium benzoate and stir well
3. Boils 2 litres of water to boiling point and add to the yoghurt, mix effectively
4. Coverthe product with blanket and keep it undisturbed for 7 hours
5. Uncover and add the sweetener and flavour and stir further
Note: Some people do not add flavour and sweetener to their yoghurt so as to save cost, but the addition ofthese will prove more beneficial in the long run as customers will prefer your product to theirs.
Also some yoghurt producers use thickeners in the production of their yoghurt, thereby producing more yoghurtwith the same ingredients.
- READ: HOW TO MAKE A BEAN CAKE