A bun is a small, sometimes sweet, bread, or bread roll. Though they come in many shapes and sizes, they are most commonly hand- sized or smaller, with a round top and flat
We all know how delicious a bun can taste, haven’t you thought of making your own diy buns at your kitchen from the comfort of your home? I think you do.
Here we go:
- 1 cup of lukewarm Water
- 500g flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 100g melted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 80g sugar
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Sift flour into a bowl and add baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
2. Mix the ingredients ( in step 1) till it’s all well combined ( still in powdered state).
3. Whisk egg and add butter then mix well.
4. Make space in the middle of your dry mixture ( in step 2) and empty the egg and butter mixture ( in step 3 ) into it.
5. Mix it all together till it looks lumpy and well combined.
6. Add sugar and milk to the cup of lukewarm Water.
7. Stir well to make sure your sugar dissolves totally and evenly.
8. Make a space in the centre of your lumpy mixture ( in step 5) and slowly empty your liquid mixture ( in step 7) into it.
9. Stir vigorously as you empty the liquid content till it gives you a sticky and tough stretchy dough .
10. Set aside for 5min to allow the dough to breathe and rise.
11. In a frying pan, heat your vegetable oil in medium heat.
12. Use your hand or scoop to scoop in the dough into the heating oil.
13. Let it fry for about 4-5min till it turns golden brown on every side.
14. Transfer the fried buns into a paper towel to absorb the excess oil and leave to cool.
BUNS BLOATS IN HEATING OIL AND SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO CALCULATE THE SIZE BEFORE INTRODUCING IT INTO THE OIL
IF YOUR KNEADING YOUR YOU WOULD NEED TO COAT YOUR HANDS WITH FLOUR FIRST.