Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Anselem
HOW TO HIDE YOUR FILES IN YOUR WINDOWS COMPUTER SYSTEM – ZIGIHOW.COM.NG
Privacy is somehow necessary, one needs privacy, sometimes you may need to hide your files or folders on your windows computer from irrelevant people, and you maybe be wondering “HOW DO I DO THIS?”.
1. Hide Folders
- Open File Explorer (any folder) and go toTools > Folder options…
- Within Folder Options switch to the Viewtab.
- Under Files and Folders find the optionHidden files and folders and select Don’t show hidden files, folders, or drives.
- Click OK and, with the next few steps, proceed to hiding a folder.
- Right-click the folder you want to hide and select Properties.
- In the General tab check the option called Hidden.
- Go to Advanced… to change Archive and Index attributes; you might want to block indexing of the folder contents.
- Click OK to save your changes.
2. Make Folders Invisible
- Select the questionable folder and click F2.
- Then hold the ALT key while typing the numbers 0160 using the number pad.
- Hit Enter and the folder name should be gone.
- Right-click your folder and selectProperties.
- Switch to the Customize tab and click theChange Icon… button.
- Several blank icons can be found in the default Windows 7 icon collection. Find one, select it and click OK.